WE’RE LOOKING FOR Hungry people!
We’re always on the look-out for up-and-coming public relations professionals. Think you’d be a valuable asset to the Butter PR team? Drop us a line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a strong passion for food? Do you love talking to people about food? Do you follow international chefs? Are you obsessed with social media, magazines, newspapers, television and blogs?
Director, Public Relations
Butter Public Relations Inc. is looking for a PR Director with superior people and communications skills, whom is capable of taking charge in managing the day-to-day activities in the Butter office. Yes, there’s the fact that you have 5+ years of experience in account management with food or lifestyle-related clients but you also have a proven track record of planning and executing communications strategies, are exceptional with and are a motivating team leader.
- Agency lead on PR strategy
- Keep client programs on schedule/budget and ensure all deadlines are met
- Develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with day-to-day clients and internal team members
- Serve as the primary contact for the day-to-day client
- Address any issues, troubleshoot problems and provide strategic counsel
- Work with the president on strategic and creative planning, as well as its implementation
- Supervise all writing, editing and be able to offer a discerning eye with design
- Edit work and provide direction to ensure quality control
- Attend account reviews and staff meetings – providing ongoing communications and feedback
- Ensure that the account team members adhere to agency time, reporting and financial guidelines
- Create and manage client budgets; oversee the monthly client billing process
- Assist in soliciting new business on a regular basis
- Develop and deliver client or new business presentations
- Assess opportunities and/or challenges on accounts and provide solutions/next steps
- Keep an eye on the media landscape and identify potential opportunities or threats
- 5+ year of agency experience focusing on food and/or lifestyle related clients
- Extensive knowledge of and strong relationships with consumer and trade media, nationwide
- Knowledge of the food landscape in Canada and the US
- Drivers license
- Ability to travel
- Attention to quality and detail
- Ability to be incredibly proactive
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to new directions and assignments
- Poised and confident with all clients and staff
- Capacity to convey ownership of assigned projects to junior team members
- Ability to solve conflict
- Can mobilize and motivate teams
- Aptitude for financial analysis and management
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Commitment and dedication to the agency’s success as well as individual career
- Can anticipate client and team needs
- Instill confidence with clients and colleagues
- Fluent in French
Please send all resumes to careers[at]butterpr[dot]ca
Please put ‘Director, Public Relations” in the subject of your email and include a cover letter.
NO CALLS, only emails will be accepted
We’re always looking for superstar volunteers for the projects we’re working on. If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com.