BPR RECIPES | VEGAN PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
Pumpkin spice season is upon us! To help you warm up to this delicious time of year, we’re sharing our favourite recipe for homemade pumpkin spice lattes. Bonus, it’s vegan too!
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups soy milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, more to taste
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso
- In a small saucepan, heat the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract & spices over medium-low heat. Stir constantly to combine well & prevent from burning. Warm for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn up heat to medium and add the soy milk. Whisk for 3-4 minutes, until heated throughout. Do not bring to a boil.
- Place mixture in a blender. Blend on high until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup hot espresso to each mug & pour pumpkin spice mixture on top.
- Top with vegan whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Recipe Adapted from: Vegan Huggs