BPR HOW TO | IT’S GAME TIME! SUPER BOWL RECIPES
The Super Bowl has a longstanding history of celebrating sporting excellence, entertainment, delicious food and tasty beverages. Here at BPR INC., we’ve been prepping for the big game the best way we know how – through snacking and taste-testing game day approved recipes!
The Game Day Classic: Beretta Farms Smoky Bacon Chili
Chili is a familiar contender at any Super Bowl party and Cynthia Beretta’s recipe reminds us exactly why it’s a champion dish. This hearty chili is made with Beretta Farms antibiotic and hormone free bacon, organic beef and, of course, beer! Click here for the recipe.
The Wild Card: Blue Goose Sticky Soy and Lemongrass Wings
A twist on a game day staple, this Blue Goose chicken dish serves – and scores.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20-25 minutes | Yield 1-2
- 2 pounds Blue Goose chicken wings
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bulb minced and shoots reserved for garnish
- 2 tsp chili honey
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp dijon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp cilantro, chopped
- Preheat barbeque to low-medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients for marinade in blender and blend.
- Toss wings in half of the marinade.
- Oil grill with vegetable oil. Place wings on BBQ and flip after 12 – 15 mins.
- Re-apply marinade with pastry brush and cook chicken until an internal temperature of 165 °F is reached.
- Add garnishes (cilantro leaves, julienne red chili, etc.) and serve.
The Rising Star: Collingwood Whiskey – Cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned
Collingwood Double Barreled Whisky is winner of the 2018 Gold Medal Winner at the Canadian Whisky Awards. A complex Canadian whisky with a high rye content, this cocktail highlights the dry cinnamon spice aromas within the delicate medley of toasted oak, leaving an impactful impression.